Thursday, March 22, 2012

Can't find odbcping.exe

I am trying to troubleshoot a SQL Server connection from my home machine
to an instance of SQL server running on my client's network using
Enterprise Manger and I am going through the steps in the MS KB article
How to troubleshoot connectivity issues in SQL Server 2000,
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;827422, which
suggests using odbcping.exe.
However, I cannot find this in my local SQL Server directories or in the
server Sql Server directories.
Doe anyone know where it is?
It's not installed by default with SQL 2000. The utility can
be found in the \x86\Binn directory on the SQL Server 2000
CD.
-Sue
On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 00:05:34 -0500, Douglas Forrest
<dforrest@.optonline.net> wrote:

>I am trying to troubleshoot a SQL Server connection from my home machine
>to an instance of SQL server running on my client's network using
>Enterprise Manger and I am going through the steps in the MS KB article
>How to troubleshoot connectivity issues in SQL Server 2000,
>http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;827422, which
>suggests using odbcping.exe.
>However, I cannot find this in my local SQL Server directories or in the
>server Sql Server directories.
>Doe anyone know where it is?
|||Sue Hoegemeier wrote:
> It's not installed by default with SQL 2000. The utility can
> be found in the \x86\Binn directory on the SQL Server 2000
> CD.
> -Sue
> On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 00:05:34 -0500, Douglas Forrest
> <dforrest@.optonline.net> wrote:
>
>
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment