Sunday, March 25, 2012

can't get alerts to fire!

Hi,
Hope y'all can help...
I've tried to get it to fire from a specific error # as
well as from a severity level. I have also done all the
troubleshooting tips on BOL. Still no dice. The job
itself executes, this I've checked. I turn the service on
& off, and that registers on the event log, so that's
working.
Thanks!Is the error you are defining the alert on appearing in the event log? =If not you will need to define the error to write to the log - see =sp_addmessage for details.
Mike John
"Ian" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =news:0c9801c3a0d6$c470acf0$a001280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> > Hope y'all can help...
> > I've tried to get it to fire from a specific error # as > well as from a severity level. I have also done all the > troubleshooting tips on BOL. Still no dice. The job > itself executes, this I've checked. I turn the service on > & off, and that registers on the event log, so that's > working.
> > Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment