Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can't Find SQL Native Client in ODBC Connection Manager

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2. I have installed the SQL Native Client for
XP. However, when I try to add a new data source through ODBC Connection
Manager, SQL Native Client is not listed as an option. I have followed this
procedure on three other systems with no problems. What would be causing the
SQL Native Client to not show up in the list of available ODBC data sources?
MDAC issues, related DLL conflicts. The ODBC Data Source
Administrator piece can get hosed out with DLL conflicts on
an MDAC installation. You'd probably want to start checking
the MDAC installation using component checker. You can
download it from:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/data/aa937730.aspx
-Sue
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:31:01 -0800, Jim Strickland <Jim
Strickland@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am running Windows XP Pro SP2. I have installed the SQL Native Client for
>XP. However, when I try to add a new data source through ODBC Connection
>Manager, SQL Native Client is not listed as an option. I have followed this
>procedure on three other systems with no problems. What would be causing the
>SQL Native Client to not show up in the list of available ODBC data sources?

No comments:

Post a Comment