Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can't find properties

This is the first time I've used SSRS. I've created a report and in preparation for deploying it I am trying to find where I set the properties. In Visual Studio 2005, in the Solution Explorer I right click on my .rdl file and select properties. The only properties listed are File Name (which is changeable) and File Path (which is not changeable). The property pages icon in the same dialog box is greyed out. Am I missing someghing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Go to the layout tab and try clicking on an area outside of the white area where you place your report objects. This should give you the report properties. Is that what you're looking for?

There is also a report properties dialog that will let you set most of the report properties. Go to the Report menu and select Report Properties. You have to have a report open in the designer for the Report menu to even be there.

|||

Thank you very much for the tip, I can see a number of properties of the report. However I still cannot find where to set the following properties

OverWriteDataSources:

TargetDataSourceFolder:

TargetRootFolder:

TargetServerURL:

I couldn't see these deployment properties where you pointed. Am I still missing something? Sorry if I seem kind of slow.

|||

These are properties of the report solution:

After you opened a report project, go to the VS Solution Explorer window. Right-click your report solution and select "Properties". The popup-dialog will contain the four properties you are looking for.

-- Robert

|||

Robert,

Thank you for the feed back. I've tried this many times now and I keep getting the same thing i.e. Open my project report, go to the VS Solution Explorer window under Reports I highlight the name of my report (Report1.rdl) right click on that report and I get a property window which only has two properties File Name: (which is editable) and File Path: (which is uneditable).

Do I possibly not have SSRS installed properly? This seems a simple thing but it is driving me crazy. Thanks for your help.

Bill

|||

Right-click on the root of the tree shown in the VS Solution Explorer. The root of the tree represents the entire report project - do not select a particular report.

-- Robert

|||

Robert,

Thank you so very much, I tried every level in the VS Solution Explorer BUT the root. Who would have thought! All of the documentation and tutorials were not as clear as your last note. Thank you again.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment