Thursday, March 22, 2012

Can't find PInvoke sqlceme30.dll

I am using an O2 XDA II mini running Windows Mobile 2003 SE. Tried creating a Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC project but during deployment, I get this error.

Can't find PInvoke sqlceme30.dll

I have searched thru the forums and found something similar. I tried all their recommendations but no luck. Is there anything I am doing wrong? I copied the DLL files in the device's \Windows directory (sqlceme30.dll, sql*.dll...around 5 DLLs)

I would appreciate any assistance

Please install SQL Mobile CAB, do not copy these DLLs to the device manually. Also it's not clear to me why exactly you would use Windows Mobile 5.0 project for Windows Mobile 2003 device instead of using Windows Mobile 2003 project?

This error is a runtime error, not deployment error, so it appears your application was deployed OK but can not load this DLL probably because you don't have SQL Mobile CAB installed. Normally VS 2005 would install it, but since you're using wrong project type it might fail to do so.

|||

Hi Ilya,

I was just testing it out. Not really for production. I just want to make sure I am doing things right. How do you install the CAB files in the device?

|||

1. Copy CAB file to the device.

2. Click on a CAB from device file explorer.

|||I was able to install SQL Server on my device. I just did the good old restart - - - a soft reset.|||

Hello,

i had the same problem, and i think the manual installation of the CAB file will work, but isn't there a way to deploy the needed cab with the pda application (to include everything in the deployable package of the application)?

Regards

Martin

|||

Sure. It's up to you to create that package. Usually it's an MSI for a desktop which installs NETCF, SQL Mobile and your application CABs via Active Sync to the connected device.

Note: CAB in a CAB is not possible since only one instance of WCELOAD is allowed and it's already running installing first CAB.

|||In my case, the file sqlceme30.dll doesn't appear in \windows directory.

I install only the cabs "sqlce30.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB" and

"NETCFv2.wm.armv4i.cab", first de sql and then the framework, as VS do

when deploy.

The solution is install first the framework and after the sql. In this order "sqlceme30.dll" appear in \windows.

I have installed Compact Framework SP1 with the latest patch.|||

Yes, you have to install NETCF first. If NETCF it not detected by SQL Mobile CAB, it won't install managed provider and related files and your managed application won’t work.

No comments:

Post a Comment